Saturday 30 April 2011

EQ Far More Important Than IQ in the Corporate World

I've written stuff that I feel may hurt some people's feelings. Even if the comments I've made were true, it's no point talking about the past but to look forward. I'll forgive and forget. If I've offended anyone, I hope I'll be granted the same mercy too. I'm amending this post to prevent any hurt that I may create from my comments.

I realise that I need both engines (EQ and IQ) to fire. An ex-boss once told me, "why bother to do CFA, you're now so old". He could not even clear level 1. This is the kind of people that harms others. Some bosses use their charm and nothing else... It's a shallow world and the likeable people get the rewards.

Where's the justice?

Sometimes I wished that I'm a charmer as well. But I am different. I am capable of driving the business side of things. I am capable of handling people. I am capable of looking at the markets and making a call.

I wish to have a heart as well. I want to have patience, to listen more, to analyse more before judging. to have compassion, to empathise. I need sharpness to hit the problem at the nail and at the same time leave room for doubt. I have to change my approach to talking to people... to know what's on their minds, their worries, their agenda, so that I can forge a win-win solution.

Indeed, I will love all, serve all.

2 comments:

  1. I cant like the post but I really like it! Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... My comments were not meant to hurt. They are my observations. Unfortunately, I've been a little too specific in my descriptions so it may hurt others' feelings. I'm a better person from what I've been through. Hope you've benefited from some of my sharings.

    ReplyDelete