Sunday 1 June 2014

Another Acquisition, This Time in Singapore

I've been negative of the general Singapore property market. As I predicted in 2011, the market will peak in 2013 and fall for two years until 2016, perhaps by between 10-30%. The OCR is the most vulnerable, with room to fall by 30% unless it is near business parks. RCR is middle of the road and I see a fall of between 15-25%. CCR is likely to fall by 10%.

The biggest indication of oversupply is the falling rents. Yields are falling to around 2.5% on average and borrowing costs around 1.8-2%.

However, I made an acquisitions despite the gloominess for strategic reasons. I found something that is below a million, over 30 years old, below SGD1,000 psf, and with a rental yield of above 4%. There is potential to redevelop as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment